Monday, January 25, 2010

The things you learn.

So Justin and I started pre-marital counseling and going into it, it was just another thing to check off of our to-do list...but now that we are immersed in it, it has surely become my favorite part of getting married. We are getting to know a side of eachother that we knew was there, just hadn't explored together.

I think the reason I even want to write this down is to document one important thing we've both learned and hope to cling tightly to: try to love your spouse as God loved them.

Right now, our love for each other is so overwhelming and consuming; I can't imagine not loving him with all of my heart. But as we've learned, we know there will be seasons of change and we want to prepare ourselves to love each other with God's support, not just our own.

I highly recommend pre-marital, marital, therapy...any kind of counseling. I love knowing there's another couple in the world and they have a vested interest in our lives together.

Anyway, there's my soap box for the day.



2 comments:

  1. You are very wise! Having Christ in your marriage and being best friends is crucial to years of happiness when the seasons of life are constantly changing the demands on your relationship. I'm so proud of you and so excited for what the future holds for you and Justin. Marriage really is one of the sweetest parts of living...

    I love you...both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kit! I just found your blog via Morgan's...and it makes me feel like less of a creeper to let you know- I NOW OFFICIALLY STALK YOUR BLOG! haha
    Hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete