Sunday, August 8, 2010

Console Table...

I tried my hand at re-doing a piece of furniture for the first time...it's not QUITE finished, but it's close enough to show some of the progress.

The table I got is a big tall console table for our entry way. Luckily, I found one that was pretty wide. It's the perfect size......but very ugly colors:

You'll notice Helper Owen in some of these pictures...

Then, I painted it brown because I was thinking I'd do white with brown showing through:

And I officially made it even uglier...

And here's Helper Owen

Then I made it....EVEN uglier!!
YES!

The white ended up not looking good up against the wall color (beige)...so I put a light gray/blue coat of paint over the white....

But here's how it looks now:


I bought some knobs for it, but we haven't quite gotten to that yet.

It was a fun project, but I think I'll let a professional paint my furniture from now on, if I can help it.

Or wait til winter.

Have a great week! XOXO


No comments:

Post a Comment