Monday, March 21, 2011

The lesson I learned today...

Justin and I were talking last night and were talking about how hard it is to find time to work out with our schedules. If you know me, you know I journeyed through a huge weight loss "experience" a few years back and since I've started working in the "real world" it's been really hard to fit in a work out. We leave for work at 6:45 AM and we return after 6:30 PM or so...I hate to make excuses, but it's super hard to be motivated.

So to combat this issue, Justin and I decided to try working out together in the wee hours of the morning. We both kinda laughed when talking about it, because it's SO early...and we already get up really early as it is.

But we decided to do it.

We can do this.

The alarm's set.

Ready to go.

......until Justin remembers that he has some big presentation to prepare first thing at work and he decides that it's not the day to try working out in the morning.

"Well, I'm still going to try to go," I say with heavy hesitation.

Then my alarm goes off at 5 AM and...I, of course, decided not to go. However, FLETCHER hears my alarm and starts barking. And barking. And barking. Time to get up, MOM!

Insert valuable lesson here: When my alarm goes off at 5 AM and I decide to indefinitely postpone my work out, that's fine. I could go back to sleep. But guess who won't!? Fletcher Dearest. So now I know, if I plan on setting the alarm for 5 AM to work out, I can just assume that I am getting my butt up, because there is zero chance of going back to sleep. As a matter of fact, I should have gone today because this girl has been wide away since 5 AM, with no workout to show for it. And now I have to go tonight.

If you're the praying kind, pray for me to listen to God's little pushes to go work out and make wise eating decisions - instead of being a slave to my selfish desire to indulge and not pay the price for it. I don't want to back track on all the work I did and I want to be an active, healthy girl. Just need to find a creative way to work activity into my lifestyle.

Suggestions welcome!

Hope y'all have a good week.

Much love.



No comments:

Post a Comment